Sunday, August 23, 2015

4 Months Post-Op

While I have resumed normal activities for the most part, I still lack a LOT of strength in my arm.  My elbow has a significant pulling pain if I try to do too much.  I've tried to do chin-ups/pull-ups but I still can't do more than about 6 before I have to stop because of the pulling pain in my elbow.  I guess I'm just not quite there yet even though I have taken things very slowly.

As for pain to the touch, it has diminished greatly.  However it feel like there is a small bruise there if I push on the incision area.  I had medial epicondylitis (sp?) or Golfer's Elbow in my right elbow along with my nerve issue.  This is a similar pain.  Not that I think I have Golfer's Elbow in my left elbow, just a similar pain to compare it to.

So overall, continued steady, slow improvement.  Going to be a while before it feels close to normal.

4 comments:

  1. I just went through the same thing I’m curious what you did for work or when you went back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing special to be honest. I am an elementary school teacher. I had a lot of helpful 9 and 10 years olds eager to do things for me like pass out papers and carry things for me. My colleagues were also very helpful. When I had my right arm done, I wrote on the board with my left hand...which was not the easiest to do but I got through it. I wrote slowly. So my duties and activities really did not change much when I went back. My recovery did not change my routines much. I wish you the best in your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to ask you. I never got numbness or tingling bc my nerve wasn’t compressed it was just subluxing a lot and very irritated from my job and lifting at gym. I also had tendonitis in my elbow.
    Anyway I’m 2 months in and my pinky this morning must have gotten caught as I wiped something and I got terrible pain in my pinky.
    I should have stretched my arm in the morning.
    Did u ever get this?
    I feel like Boone seems to get any pain after this surgery and I get pulling pain prob from scar tissue tugging on the nerve tho I’ve been at therapy every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to say, but I never had any pain in any of my fingers. Just numbness.

    Not sure but I think the pulling pain is normal. I had that for a while. Granted I was further along into my recovery, but I had it all the time when I tried to do anything slightly strenuous.

    Other than that, I hope your recovery is going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? I am not a doctor but this is my second time having ulnar nerve transposition surgery. I am happy to answer any questions you may have based on my experiences.