Sunday, June 21, 2015

2 Months Post-Op

Two months in. One month to go.

Of course that's the hockey player in me talking. My doctor had me back to playing hockey after three months when I had my surgery on my other elbow.

At this stage in my recovery I have 100 percent mobility...if not, 99.9.  Scar is looking good. Never really itches any more.

Pain has become weird. No rhyme or reason. I am still trying to take it very easy but sometimes and I will forget and lift something like a bag of potatoes.  No pain. But then I do something like put on a shoe and I move my arm in such a way that I experience pain.

Nothing excruciating. Just annoying.  I also get some bruise-like pain if I straighten my arm completely or touch the incision area. Still just sore.

Wish I could do some pull ups or push ups but that is still a no-no right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, had surgery 7 weeks ago. Stupidly tripped and fell 3 weeks in but no major damage except left knee which took the brunt of the impact. Was released by dr. for activity as I can handle. I am still having annoying pain along the incision and general soreness along forearm...especially during changing weather. Dr.said fall probably set me back and to be patient. Was there anything that helped you the most with the pain along the incision?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felice! Yikes about the fall! Scary. I don't remember doing anything specific that helped with pain. Maybe just the basic ibuprophen. But I'm the type of guy who doesn't like to take medication unless I absolutely need it. So I don't remember taking anything at this stage of my recovery. It was mostly pain to the touch at the incision area. So I just did my best to make sure nothing touched it. Even if it was cold, I wore short sleeve shirts to avoid irritation from sleeves. But that's about it! I wish you the best of luck in your continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? I am not a doctor but this is my second time having ulnar nerve transposition surgery. I am happy to answer any questions you may have based on my experiences.