Saturday, May 16, 2015

One Month Post-Op

It has already been a month since surgery.  Amazing how time flies.

I believe my arm is at about 90% mobility.  Making very good progress.  The most difficult movement is straightening my arm and raising it straight up into the air.  Still unable to do that completely but I am getting close.  Still wearing my wrist brace all the time...with the exception of showering and very brief breaks if it gets itchy, sweaty, or otherwise uncomfortable.

Now that I am moving my arm again, there is some discomfort in my elbow.  Mostly tightness, but some actual pain too.  Minor stuff, really.

Bruising and swelling has diminished significantly since my last post.  Incision area is very numb to the touch.  I remember from my last surgery that this is normal.  In fact, my other elbow never regained full feeling but it's so minor that I'm not complaining.  How good it feels (compared to how it felt before surgery) outweighs the bad by far.

I am worried that I have "frozen shoulder."  I figured that pain in my shoulder and upper arm would go away shortly after my sling was removed but it has not improved at all.  I see my doctor again in two weeks so I will tough it out until then and see what he says.


1 comment:

  1. Still wearing the brace - should coming off in about a week. It’s weird but it seems like I subconsciously don’t want to use my left hand even though I probably can. My left hand is still a little stiff - probably from lack of use and I had carpal tunnel surgery also. Elbow moves like normal - there is some tension but no pain. The scar is looking better but it’s really long!!!!! Getting anxious to get the brace off and have and an arm with no devices. My right arm is really getting a workout - still some numbness in the fingers but this is probably going to take a while before it goes away. My nerve was really compressed. I’ll be happy just to have a functional hand again.....

    ReplyDelete

Questions? I am not a doctor but this is my second time having ulnar nerve transposition surgery. I am happy to answer any questions you may have based on my experiences.